Thursday 18 September 2014

Decision Day



Decision Day

The road has been a long one but the day is finally here
A great delight of blue and white for all that hold it dear
A nation asked a question and an answer close at hand
We look inside our bravest hearts and take our final stand

I hate no man and dare to hope no man nor lass hates me
One Scot shall feel she’s ripped in half - another feels he’s free
But hope or fear one thing is clear – Our nation is awake
Let strength and pride and passion drive the choice that we must make.

Whatever warrior wins the day, that moment, there and then
We all must vow – no way, no how shall Scotland sleep again
Our future rests in our own hands, in all that we can give
Both Aye and Naw will work to build a place we’re proud to live

A Scot is not a person who lets bitterness succeed
A Scot does not define herself by malice, fear or greed
A Scot will fight and die until their cause be lost or won
A Scot forgives his foe the very day the battle’s done

I look upon my folk today - my heart swells up with pride
I see a dream that might come true, I see a dream denied
I wish I could be there with you as our people have their say
I send you all my love and hope on this decision day.



Nick Bain

A proud and hopeful Scot

No comments:

Post a Comment